Feeding the Hummingbird
by Cheryl L. McClure
Now that we live closer to the ranch, I have a different feeder that was given to me by a good friend. It sits outside the kitchen nook at home and we get to watch the hummingbirds come and go throughout the day.
- 1 part white granulated sugar
- 4 parts water
- Boil the water and pour into a glass container
- Add the sugar and mix till dissolved
- Allow mixture to cool
- Add mixture to the hummingbird feeder
- Store remainder in the refrigerator for a future refill
Enjoy your birds and be confident they are getting just what they need while they are on their journey. Sure, they love the natural flowers but they like to stop at fresh, full feeders too! And you can be the one to make sure they are getting exactly what they need!
Oh, and between refills, clean the feeder so it will be free from dirt and germs. 1 capful of Thieves Household Cleaner with 3 cups of water is all it takes for general cleaning. Spray and use a bottle brush to get it good and clean.
That's easy enough!
Cheryl @ Pickle Creek Ranch