Do you have a special cat at your home? How about a newly adopted animal that needs some additional shelter from the breezy cold air?
Whether your cat is inside or out there comes a time, in Texas, (yes, even in Texas) when it gets chilly and they like to curl up in a little ball. So... We picked up groceries and a nice heavy box for the cat.
• Roll towels, small rugs or bath mats to make a circle then lay a bath mat on top.
• Cut the box so it is open when you set it upside down on top of bath mats.
• Make it even cozier for them by adding a bath mat across the top of the box.
• Set it in a sunny location if possible.
• If it needs to be anchored down put something on top of it like a brick or an empty terra cotta pot.
As long as it doesn't get wet, it is sturdy enough with a little weight on it. Tiger even sleeps on top of it when the temps start to turn warmer again or if it is a sunny day.
We don't need this all year long so it makes for a good seasonal item in our sun room where Tiger likes to hang out and sleep in the winter months. You could fancy it up with your own bath mats or towels with a color scheme but this works fine for us.
#cats #shelter #picklecreekranch #winter